User Information

Visitor Information


Visiting IHEP

If you are invited to visit IHEP, please refer to the following instructions to get a valid visa. For most of the non-Chinese citizens, in addition to a valid passport, you will need to get a visa for China. Please visit the website Ministry of Foreign Affairs in China for more detailed information.


1. Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after your planned departure.

2. Know which category of Chinese visa you need.

3. Applying for a “L” (tourist) category visa.

4. Applying for an “F” (business) category visa.

5. Applying for a "Z" category visa.

6. Applying for an X category visa.

7. Submitting visa application materials at your local Chinese consulate or embassy.


Please note that detailed instructions for visa application above are recommended to read, please visit our dedicated webpage Visa Application.


Airport Information

There are two major airports in Beijing: Beijing Capital Airport and Beijing Nanyuan Airport. As the biggest airport in Asia, Beijing Capital Airport is comprised of 3 terminals (T1, T2 and T3). Most international and domestic flights depart from Terminal 3 (T3). IHEP is at Yuquan Road in the west part of Beijing.


Time Zone: GMT + 8

Airport code: PEK; Country Code: 86

Airport Enquiries: (86)10 64541100

Airport E-mail:


You need to check airport location, terminals, transfer service, airport layover tour, airport transportation, airport tips, photos and maps, etc. Please visit Airport Official Website:

Public Transport to IHEP

Public Transport such as taxis, subways, shuttle buses can be conveniently taken you to IHEP. Click to read the detailed information and guide of How to Get to IHEP.


Wireless network access is available in most of the IHEP campus. IHEP provides two ways for visitors to register, Off-site Registration and On-site Registration. IHEP also provides an Eduroam network, which you can access at your home institution. Click HERE to get more information.


IHEP Guest House/Hotels

IHEP has agreements with several nearby hotels and its own Guest House right on campus. For short stays,

IHEP guests can choose either of the accommodation sites and enjoy the best services at specially negotiated prices. To view hotel information and make reservation, please visit our dedicated webpage Accommodation.


For longer stays or employment at IHEP, you may be able to rent an apartment on the IHEP campus for the first 2 years, depending on availability. Please contact the local secretary or the staff at the post-graduate department to apply for an apartment. You may learn some information HERE on apartment renting at IHEP or Beijing in advance.


BESIII Secretariat Team


Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences

Room A401, Main Building

19B Yuquan Road, Shijingshan District

Beijing 100049, China